INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE GOLDEN NUGGET
- Negotiations to build the Golden Nugget took 30 minutes.
- From 1946 until 1950, poker players dealt their own cards in no-limit games. The Golden Nugget was the first casino to introduce the center deal (a dealer who deals the cards to players).
- The bar was a reproduction of an actual Carson Street bar during the Comstock boom, and each piece was hand fitted and carved.
- The Golden Nugget was designed to replicate the original Golden Nugget built on San Francisco's Barbary Coast.
- The Spa was designed after New York City's Garden Room at the Frick Museum.
- 20,000 guests were invited to the opening.
- A ribbon was wrapped around the Spa Tower for its 1984 Grand Opening.