Entrance into the Gaming Area
The Golden Nugget has a strict policy against underage gambling. Louisiana State law prohibits anyone (patron or vendor) under the age of 21 from entering a gaming area. Any person attempting to enter the gaming area appearing to be 35 years of age or younger, could be requested to present identification to validate their age.
The ONLY forms of valid ID that are acceptable are the following:
- State or U.S Government Issued Photo ID or Driver's License (including US Passport cards, and Nexus ID's)
- Military ID’s will be accepted as a secondary form of ID, not primary.
- Secondary identification may be requested if the ID presented is of questionable quality or cannot be verified.
IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE (21) TO ENTER OR ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE GAMING AREA. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED UNDER THE CITY OF LAKE CHARLES CITY CODE, SECTION 13-37.3.
Don't Let Gaming Get Out Of Hand
The Golden Nugget Casino believes gaming should always be handled responsibly. Our Responsible Gaming program extends to many aspects of our company's operation and is a topic employees from every department learn their first day on the job and are reminded of regularly through classroom instruction and internal communications. The concept of Responsible Gaming is made readily available to guests by communications posted throughout the casino.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
- Gamble to escape worry?
- Gamble to get money to solve financial difficulties?
- Feel unable to stop playing regardless of winning or losing?
- Often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Sometimes neglect your family because of gambling?
If you think you, or someone you know, may have a gaming problem, the 24-hour Problem Gambling Helpline can help. All calls are confidential.
Problem Gambling HelpLine: 1-877-770-7867
Entrance Into the Gaming Area
Underage gambling is not permitted at the Golden Nugget. New Jersey State Law prohibits anyone (patron or vendor) under the age of 21 from entering a gaming area. Any person attempting to enter the gaming area appearing to be 35 years of age or younger could be requested to present identification to validate their age.
We only accept these forms of valid ID:
- State or US government-issued photo ID or driver’s license, including Nexus IDs
- Military ID
Secondary identification may be requested if the ID presented is of questionable quality or cannot be verified.
Don’t Let Gaming Get Out of Hand
Gaming should always be handled responsibly. Our responsible gaming program is an integral part of our operation. All Golden Nugget employees receive classroom instruction and ongoing education on responsible gaming. Responsible gaming resources are readily available to guests throughout the casino.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
If the following applies to you or someone you know, call the 24-hour Problem Gambling Helpline at 1.800.522.4700. All calls are confidential.
- Gambling to escape worry
- Gambling to get money to solve financial difficulties
- Feeling unable to stop playing regardless of winning or losing
- Gambling until your last dollar is gone
- Neglecting your family because of gambling
New Jersey Self-Exclusion Program
If you or someone you know decides that they have a problem or have become a compulsive gambler, the New Jersey Casino Control Commission has a self-exclusion program allowing problem gamblers to exclude themselves from casino gaming activities in New Jersey for one year, five years or life.
Apply for the self-exclusion program three ways:
- In-person at
New Jersey Casino Control Commission, Tennessee Ave. and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, 140 E. Front St., Trenton, NJ
- Online at the New Jersey Casino Control Commission website
- Call 1.800.GAMBLER
If you or someone you know needs help, ask a Golden Nugget supervisor about the many support groups in the area. Or, call these problem gambling hotlines:
- 1.800.GAMBLER (New Jersey only)