EZ Baccarat plays as regular baccarat except that it replaces the taking of the commission on every winning Bank hand by “barring” one specific winning Bank hand - a three card total of seven. The appearance of this hand is the “Dragon”. Customers can make an insurance bet - the Dragon7 bet - that pays 40 to 1 when the three card winning Bank hand occurs.
- The object of the game is the same as regular baccarat, i.e. to have the highest total point hand, the highest hand being a natural (two-card) 9. All face value cards and ten value cards have a point value of zero, and Aces have a point value of 1. The card point values are summed, and the tens column of the total count is ignored.
- The customer makes a wager on the “Player” hand, the “Banker” hand, a tie hand or combinations of the above.
- The customer can optionally place an insurance side bet on the “Dragon” - a three card winning Banker hand totaling 7 - called the Dragon7 bet.
- The house rules determine who is allowed to remove cards from the shoe, the order of selection of customers permitted to remove cards from the shoe and whether the cards are dealt face down or face up.
- Two cards are dealt to each of the Player and Banker alternatively, starting with the Player. The Player hand is resolved first.